Dried blood spot (DBS) sampling is an emerging technology for bioanalysis, especially useful in the clinical and pharmaceutical laboratory, offering easy sample collection, transport and storage. Our revolutionary DBS Autosampler maintains the integrity of the sample through automation, offering time and cost savings. Innovative patented Flow-through desorption technology (FTD™)* provides direct elution of DBS from cards, offering not only consistent quality, while eliminating the inconsistency of tedious manual disc punching or costly robotics, but also allowing the option of on-line clean-up and analyte separation by SPE prior to analysis in an automated workflow. Automation of the entire workflow for DBS analysis in minutes, providing maximum sensitivity without any manual intervention. With the potential for many other biological samples, the DBS Autosampler from Spark sets a new standard for analysis!
* US patent no. US 8586382 B2
- Unique FTD™ technology for sample prep and optional online coupling to (SPE)(LC)-MS/MS
- Option for mounting different clamp sizes for the desorption of different sized spots – adjustable clamp head sizes of 2, 4, 6 or 8 mm
- Intelligent camera and image analysis software for accurate spot recognition and positioning
- Automated internal standard addition – by loop injection by means of a high pressure dispenser (HPD) and integrated mini pump during desorption of a blood spot as this provides the best overall precision and accuracy
- SparkLink 5.2 software control and interface
DBS trifold folder